Today I made:
Yogurt Cake
Fruit Loaf
Marble Cake
Rainbow Cake
Egg & Bacon Pie
Treacle Sponge (dessert)
This is all in the name of trying to keep snack/treat items out of the grocery budget.
The boys both dived in when they got home, although I had already sliced and placed into the freezer ¾ of each of the cakes made.
The egg and bacon pie is for Dave for lunches so that was also sliced and frozen so I can just grab a piece and put in his lunch box.
I have been reading on http://www.moneysavingsexpert.com/ that people make pasties and individual pies from the remains of a roast or even a casserole, this might be another idea for Dave's lunches, to give him a bit more variety than just sandwiches or soup.
He used to take a small plated dinner sometimes but was finding he didn't really have enough time to eat it properly and was always overfull afterwards.
Custom Search
Wednesday, 12 March 2008
BAKING DAY
Labels: Baking Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Please share you fruit cake recipe! I bet your house smelled divine as you were baking! Susan in SC
Post a Comment