Custom Search

Thursday, 6 March 2008

LAUNDRY BLUES


My washing machine has given up the ghost and is no longer working. The repair man has taken a look and it will be just as cheap to buy a new one than to repair it.

So for the time being I am handwashing "smalls" and odd items and will be using the local launderette for other laundry.

This is not ideal but will have to be the case for now.

If I could have access to a mangle daft as it sounds I could do all the laundry anyway as I have a burco boiler which was used by my mum for washing. It is the wringing out of the water that is the main problem.

The added complication is that we have just emptied our savings to pay for tickets for a football match at Wembley in London (non refundable); Grimsby Town FC have got through to the final of a cup competition. This will be instead of a proper holiday this summer we will maybe have a long weekend or a mid week break sometime during the school holidays.


No comments: