Wednesday Dave had the day off so we could go into town and find some parts for a minor repair to the car boot; the gas struts had run out of gas, so the boot would not stay open.We had phoned Ford and they had quoted £75/pair.
We decided it was worth checking out a couple of scrapyards first and would pay up to half price of the new, as you get a warranty with new.
Visited 2 different scrapyards and got a pair for £5 this was an easy job which Dave could also do without having to pay a mechanic, so a good job well done.
Today I have been clearing and cleaning the work surfaces in the kitchen, it is amazing what things you find that you've forgotten about; I also did the top of the freezer as that hadn't been done since just before Christmas.
I did however get a bag of unrecyclable rubbish which will go into the wheelie bin, not best pleased with that but its out of my kitchen.
I had a big stack of margaine tubs which I use for freezing things but I had gotten far too many so they had to go.
Custom Search
Thursday, 7 February 2008
Car Maintenance & Homekeeping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment