The cold front came in although not quite as we thought we have had a small amount of pea snow during the night and snow is falling on the Wolds.
David is playing football today on a course run by the local professional team (Grimsby Town FC) and their Community coaches.
My organic veg box has just been delivered and the contents are good:
Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Leeks, Celeriac, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Mushrooms and Bananas, all this for £10 ($18).
I plan to be cooking more stews and casseroles over the next few weeks as Dave will be working 12 hour days so I can cook these in the slowcooker and leave for him when he comes home.
Whilst I was dropping David off at his football the snow started again, still the pea sized stuff but the wind is bitterly cold.
I have the carcass from last nights chicken simmering away at the moment to make stock which I will turn into soup to then freeze for a quick lunch on Saturdays, after football training.
I have the bread machine on making dough for a loaf of bread to use with tonights dinner of Pork Chops, we will have these with homemade chunky fries.
Thomas has a friend over and they are playing on the PS2.
Custom Search
Thursday, 3 January 2008
COLD DAY
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment