Custom Search

Thursday, 31 January 2008

COLD, WET & WINDY


Today we woke to howling gales, driving rain and the temps have definitely dropped.

Luckily I don't have to go out now until later to pick David up from after school football, so I will get the fire lit a little earlier than usual and do some baking. I think it will be soup from the freezer again for lunch.

On the news it said that some roads and motorways have been shut to high sided vehicles due to the winds.

Tonights dinner is nearly as per the menu but I have changed the mash & veg to sweet& sour sauce (I always add extra veggies to this anyway) and noodles; I found quite a few packages of these in the back of another cupboard yesterday, and we are running short of potatoes. It seems silly going to buy potatoes when I have these noodles I can use. This will go into the slowcooker in a few minutes.

Dave's boss has some Polish customers visiting this week they brought everyone a largish Kielbasa. So some of that will be added to the pork as well.

1 comment:

Susan in SC said...

Maisie - I like to stay inside when it's cold, wet, and windy! I'm glad you didn't have to get out in the weather today. Susan in SC