Custom Search

Wednesday, 2 January 2008

THE NEW YEAR STARTS


Dave has returned to work and myself and the boys are gearing up for a trip into town; the boys both need haircuts, which until now I have always done with buzz shears but both want a longer on top style and I am not proficient enough to do that.
I am also looking at decluttering and recycling with earnest this year.We have far too much "stuff" which is never used and so we would be better served clearing it out.
The boys emptied their playroom so they could have a bedroom each and nothing has been asked for or missed so a shed full of "stuff" can be sorted. Most will probably be donated.
This will begin next week once they are back in school, and I will have no interuptions.
My online friend Jackie(CHL) has just started a "Greener Year" and I think that although we recycle most things and do not hardly throw anything into landfill we can do better. So I will jump on your bandwagon Jackie and join you in a Greener 2008.


The boys have now gone outside to play football, so I can get on with setting this up without any interuptions.
The weather here today although dry is very cold and we are forcast a coldfront coming in from Siberia! whether or not we will actually get this remains to be seen.

I am going to try and keep a weekly log of exactly what we throw away and what we recycle, this will start on Monday 7, as the main bins are emptied on Mondays, so I can start with an empty vessel.
Our kitchen waste bin is a 45 litre size, and the big bins we use to put the rubbish in for doorstep collection are sized as follows:
General household waste:180l
Recycling (paper/cardboard, steel/aluminium, PET 1 and HDPE 2 plastics):240l
Compostable (all veg and fruit and garden waste):240l.

No comments: